July 15, 2015
I’ve really admired scarves from textile artist Yuh Okano for a while, but it wasn’t until I held one in my hands that I realize how truly wonderful they are. Her scarves have that beautiful reflectiveness and iridescence that’s characteristic of organza, but they’re not “crispy” or difficult to wear… I’m smitten!
Beautiful color schemes are possible here:
Three words that should NEVER be in the same sentence:
- Leaving Friday, after a day of meetings. Friday night on your own (hallelujah for that!)
- Saturday will be spent doing “team-building” exercises; if that term doesn’t make you cringe, you just haven’t worked in the right environment!
- Saturday late afternoon everyone may avail themselves of the pool and other amenities (that should bring out some really scary looks…).
- Saturday night: a “dressy” dinner. You just KNOW that someone is going to show up in a strapless dress. You just know… sigh….
- Sunday is brunch and a review of who won the “team contests” from the day before. Be still my beating heart, eh? And then, you’re free!