Above illustrates EVERYTHING I wore in the month of September 2011. A pretty modest assortment, but I have a few extenuating circumstances which kept this a pretty small collection.
- Foremost, I don’t have a job, so I’m not getting up every morning putting on “grown-up” clothes to go out and play with the adults of the world.
- I spent a great deal of time wearing gym clothes; if I knew that I wasn’t going out, and that I absolutely HAD to go to the gym (uh, that’s every day!), I would put on my workout clothes immediately after my shower in the morning. The other people in my (very large) building are accustomed to seeing me in these clothes.
- Having stacks of sweaty gym clothes around the house every day meant that laundry was done very frequently. Therefore, wearing the same things every week was easy.
- And all of my friends and family are VERY used to seeing me in stripes or argyles – they’d think I was ill if I didn’t wear them on a regular basis.
All in all, this is pretty fascinating so far. There’s a great freedom in knowing that I’m not going to buy any clothes – I’m completely immune to magazines and catalogs (I don’t even look at them), and I stay out of stores. At least half of the process of avoiding temptation is staying away from the things that temp you!
Aesthetic Alterations says
Two things strike me:
1) I'm in awe of how snazzy you are everyday–I would be living in jeans (which I do).
2) That's one of my favorite-favorite Hermès scarves. You are SO lucky to have that beauty–it works with everything.
Adam Walkner says
Hello all newbies, how are you all. I am very big fan of Paul Walker. I am very sad after his untimely Death. But i am waiting for his last Movie Fast & Furious 7, which is coming in March 2015. So i am very excited to watch this Movie, which will be definitely a interesting as well as a huge Movie ever.