I have never longed for a more youthful appearance… will it eventually happen?
The 10 Rules for Subtracting 10 Years
1. Take an interest in current events, in fashion, yes, but also in art, music, food and decor. Stay connected!
2. Add a touch of folly to your appearance, with star accessories, daring prints or lively colors. (Louise Labrecque is a big fan of star accessories…)
3. Don’t be afraid to visit trendy boutiques. They are for you too. Who knows, you might find a scarf in the colors of the season, an amusing tee shirt, or a pair of extraordinary shoes?
4. Are you dynamic? Your clothes should reflect this! Look for details that lend some personality to your clothes and accessories – buckles, patchworks, stitching details. (Pam, I’m looking at you…)
5. Flatter your silhouette with garments that fit well, with feminine cuts. Avoid looking like you’re wearing a potato sack!
6. Swap your classic shoes and handbags for those more brightly colored and “of the moment”.
7. Set aside your classic jewelry, and play with some fantasy necklaces, bracelets or rings that are the trend of the season. They’re not expensive, and their effect can be spectacular.
8. Keep your hair healthy – quit fussing about it being grey. Keep your hair well hydrated, and get a great cut.
9. A beautiful smile is worth a thousand skin creams! Whiten your teeth if necessary – over the counter whiteners give great results.
10. Pamper your skin with nourishing, anti-aging creams. And don’t forget how much difference a touch of foundation can make to even the coloring of your skin, and illuminate your face.