How to find vintage brooches? All of these are currently available on Etsy, and all are of the brand Coro…Tips:
- search for both “brooch” and “pin”, and even “broach”, if you can bear to
- decide up front what your tolerance is for wear and tear: scratched enamel, yellowed rhinestones etc.
- check the description carefully – some pieces are sold JUST for dismantling and using parts for repair – the are NOT wearable “as is”
- Make sure that you’re choosing brooches of a similar size, if you plan to group them. Unless you want a variety of sizes, in which case – go for it!
- If you see a design or pattern that you love, be patient, and check all over the internet. Most of these designs were made in a variety of colors, and you just have to wait for them to become available.
Apologies for the photo quality – I just DIDN’T have the energy today to blow up each of these to 800% and scrub every last little background detail (which is my usual procedure!). This post would have take three days if I had done that…
This is why I think the jewelry you own does't all have to be real. What a unique way to express yourself.
Very helpful; I love those crowns. I now have renewed interest in pins/brooches.
Praise be for the brooch! I am wearing them silly lately. I like fastening one to a rope of pearls or vintage necklace. Fun stuff.
A Well Styled Life says
I'll haul mine out and look them over again. I usually only wear them on coats in the winter…but might need to get creative. Nice post. Thanks.
aesthetic intelligence says
even "broach", if you can bear to
Thanks for all you do Janice, also love the new banner.
What a timely post! I just ordered five enamel bird brooches on eBay because I was feeling the need for a cluster of chirps. I also looked a number of fish pins, but they weren't as colorful as the birds, nor as nice as the ones you show here.
Janice, I hope you are in a marketing job because you can sell anything. :)
Jill Ann says
These are great! I have a small collection of sparkly brooches left to me by my mom & granny. This inspires me to try some combinations.