This is ALWAYS packed, and usually lives in the bottom of my briefcase.
- Prescription drugs are “refreshed” every month when I get my refills; I always make sure to have 2 weeks worth of each prescription packed, so that I can hit the road in a hurry if an emergency arises.
- I also always carry about 12 doses of Tylenol, and of Tylenol PM – which is the answer to that jet-lag question of waking up at 2 a.m. and being awake ’til 5.
- The weird gizmo on my toothbrush has suction cups on the back of it, so that I can hang it from a mirror or tiled wall.
- Small roll of duct tape – you’ll never know you need it ’til the hinges on your suitcase blow out. Or the hinges of the suitcase of a total stranger – you suddenly become the airport heroine.
- Nail buffer – no toxic chemicals get packed if I can avoid it.
- Birthday candles – I’ve lived through hotel power outages – these wee babies will at least get your teeth brushed, face washed, and into bed without mishap.
- Super Glue. You just never know…
- Adhesive bandages, spot remover wipes, hand-warmers – all are flat, all can be invaluable.