What I wear all winter long - to "go-to" wardrobe for almost any occasion:
- black cashmere cardigan - Lands' End. If my entire wardrobe horribly disappears, this might be the first garment I replace. Goes over every tee shirt, dress, or blouse, all year long.
- the short-sleeved sweater that matches the cardigan - also Lands' End. Like a tee shirt, but cashmere.
- black cashmere turtleneck - Lands' End AGAIN. I wear it with jeans, I wear it with silk pants, I wear it with a velvet skirt.
- black cashmere v-neck sweater - LE, of course. over a tee shirt, or on it's own...
- black velvet jeans - Eileen Fisher. Jeans, but so much more.
- black velvet corduroy trousers - Eddie Bauer. I love these pants so much that when they wear out, I'm going to find a tailor to re-create them for me.
- black knit pencil skirt - Eileen Fisher. Won't wrinkle, won't ride up, and goes with everything I own, 365 days a year. The second thing I would replace if I had to start from scratch.
- black cashmere cabled sweater - Lands' End. Thick, heavy, luscious, heavenly texture.
- My Kenneth Jay Lane cuff bracelet. A little punch of WOW onto anything.
- pearl necklace and
- earrings - Majorica. I much prefer pearls to any other jewelry - I'm all about luster and glowing and subtle radiance.
- pearl ring - Charlotte Santa Fe. Pearl set in heat-treated stainless steel. I just love it.
- two Hermes scarves - De Tout Coeur, and
- Voyages en Etoffes. Both gifts from my belovedest. They brighten up my outfits, and my heart.
- Cap-toed pumps, and
- lizard embossed Belgian loafers - Stuart Weitzman. I could conquer the world with just these 2 pair of shoes.